Monday, October 25, 2010

Epiphany! I'm not 16 anymore.....

Alarm went off at 5:30 A.M. and suddenly I wasn't so excited to start running again! But I got my big ole butt out of bed, got ready and went out to run. Within the 1st set of run walk patterns I had an epiphany, I'm so NOT 16 anymore! My calves were on fire and I was frantically going over thoughts in my head of "you can do this" and "How do I get out of this". 

Dave however sucks! He hasn't ran since Marine Corps boot camp (25+ years), but he loaded his cadence songs on his phone, slapped in his ear buds and away he went - I don't think he even had to breathe harder! I stayed behind him so I could cuss him out in my head while he ran with ease and I barely clung to life. 

So while I went over all the thoughts of "What have I done" and the truth in me that I really want to do this. I have to admit, I think the only thing that is going to get me up and going on the mornings we have to run is the fact that I opened my BIG mouth and let too many people know I was going to do this = accountability or feeling like a loser! I guess this is one of those times I'm going to be glad I talk to much lol.

I drive the kids to school and all over the place I see people running. Oh I can do this! Ya this morning I was starting to think all of those people must have super human strength, because I have yet to see even just one collapse on the sidewalk and die! Clearly they are on some type of enhancement drug or something right! Ok, I will give myself a break and settle with day one of running, check!

Yes in the planning and getting ready for this new adventure of becoming a "runner" again I was confused in the head with thoughts of the early days of my life when I was a runner and good at it, it was so easy. I had speed for sure, but I could also run long distance too. So if I could do it then, clearly I could pop out of bed this morning after 20 years of not running, go out the door and run with ease! Ya not at all, yup sometimes I crack myself up!

No comments:

Post a Comment